When this post goes up (assuming there are no glitches) I will be enjoying the start of FITBLOGGIN 2012. While I am live blogging a session and learning all I can at other sessions, I thought I’d schedule this fun post for you to read! I borrowed the idea from Cait at Beyond bananas, who borrowed it from Ashley at My Food and Fitness Diaries. Happy Reading!
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
It was always a toss-up between Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter or Cocoa Crispies.
2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
I have never been a big fan of tea. I prefer to fill my mug with piping hot coffee, a bit of sweetener, and a touch of milk.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
Greek Yogurt. I either use it in a smoothie, mix it in with cereal or top it with berries to have as a side to my scrambled eggs.
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
I am grilled cheese girl all the way!
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
My greens would be a mix of spring, spinach, and a little bit of romaine for crunch. Then I would add grilled chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, and sautéed peppers. My go to dressing is Dijon mustard vinaigrette!
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
I always have a piece of fruit at lunch….some days it is an apple, others pineapple, or banana. But the fruit is my sweet ending to a lunch time meal.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If a fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
You’ll find me standing in line at Subway ordering a 6 inch Veggie on whole wheat. No cheese and extra mustard. (Side note: The last few months of my pregnancy, I could barely eat by dinner time as my daughter was pressing on my stomach. Most nights, I ate Subway. It got to the point that the staff had my ordering waiting by the time I parked my car and waddled inside. 🙂 )
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
Dinner time is family time so the tv/computer are off-limits unless it is Monday/Thurdsay night – then the hubby and I are watching football while eating.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
Protein and Veggies. Our dinners tend to be a lean protein + Vegetables with the occasional carb. The choices change but the formula is always the same.
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Cheesecake! Unless it is my Granny’s homemade apple pie, then it wins hands down.
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
I want my ice cream in a waffle cone! I love the extra sweetness and the crunch!
I would love to see you answers to the food survey. Feel free to share in the comments section!