I ended my post yesterday with a promise to be back later in the evening to share my weekly workout plan. However, life got in the way and I was unable to make it to my blog until today. But better late than never….right?
The first week of figure competition training was intense. Due to muscle fatigue and soreness, I was only able to complete 3 of the 6 workouts that my training plan called for. Frustrated and disappointed in myself, I reached out to Terry. He assured me that lots of people struggle in the beginning and suggested I scale back my lifting workouts to 3 times per week until my fitness level increased. He also recommended that I aim for 5 – 30 minute cardio sessions per week. Since I am already running 3 times per week for 30 to 45 minutes, I only have to add in an additional 2 cardio sessions. With all that being said, here is my training plan for the week:
- Monday: 2.2 mile run with my running group
- Tuesday: 30 minutes of Jump Sport Trampoline work and Week 2, Workout #1
- Wednesday: 30 minutes of cardio – either walking on treadmill or Zumba
- Thursday: 2.2 mile run with my running group
- Friday: Week 2, Workout #2
- Saturday: 5K run
- Sunday: Week 2, Workout #3
This training plan is still challenging but seems more manageable with both my schedule and my fitness level.
What do your workouts look like this week?